Monday, February 18, 2019

Sugar free, keto, and vegan macadamia chocolate bars



It has been a hot minute since I have posted here but happy to be back. 

Recently, CasaClark has gone keto since the 40's belly spread is really quite unattractive and unhealthy.  It's been a smooth transition but R still has a sweet tooth and missed having a "sugary" treat after his dinner.  I came across this recipe in Sweet & Savory Fat Bombs by Martina Slajerova page 33 and decided to give them a try for R. 

Verdict?  These are really delicious!  I gifted some to a vegan friend for her birthday and she loved them.  They are easy to make and are room temp stable thanks to the cacao butter.  Without further adieu.....

Dark Chocolate with Macadamia Nuts
4 oz cacao butter
1/2 c (1.4 oz) unsweetened, organic, and fair trade cacao powder
1/3 c (1.8 oz) powdered erythritol
1 tsp sugar free vanilla extract or 1/2 tsp vanilla powder (I actually add both for extra vanilla flavor)
1 to 2 pinches of salt to taste, very fine
7 drops sweet leaf vanilla creme liquid stevia
1.5 oz toasted macadamia nuts chopped (optional)
12 drops food grade organic orange oil (optional)



 Toast and chop your macadamia nuts.  Set them aside.


Melt your cacao butter on the lowest setting you have so you don't burn it.  I am lucky that my stove top has a melting setting.


Once the cacao butter is melted use a sieve to press the cacao powder and erythritol into the melted cacao butter.  Add the vanilla, salt, and stevia and whisk until smooth.  Once the ingredients are incorporated add the macadamia nuts and stir to combine.



Place the mixture into molds and let it set at room temperature, about 1 hour.



I like to use unbleached parchment paper and double sided tape to wrap my bars.  I place the chocolate bites into a glass jar.



Once my chocolate is wrapped I like to label it with what it is and with a best by date, which in this case is 3 months after being made. 

These are delicious and creamy chocolate bars/bites that satisfy the sweet tooth and keep you on track!

Enjoy!










No comments:

Post a Comment